District Elementary Parent Handbook
Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year!
On behalf of the entire staff here at Briarwood Elementary School, WELCOME! Seeing students on campus, we know they are excited about learning and we hope that each family finds a way to connect with the school to continue this excitement throughout the year.
I know that everyone is busy these days, so I just wanted to take a brief moment to share some family involvement opportunities you may want to note on your calendars:
- Meet the Teacher, 8/28 at
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. for Grades K-2 and
- 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. for Grades 3–5
- Individual Pictures, 8/28 at 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Kindergarten Curriculum Night, 8/28 at 6:00 p.m.
- First Day of School, 8/29
- Curriculum Night, 8/30 at
- 5:30 p.m. – 6:15 p.m. for Grades 3–5 and
- 6:35 p.m. – 7:20 p.m. for Grades 1-2
- First Day of ECE and Kindergarten, 9/1
- Parent Teacher Conferences, 11/8 and 11/9
Finally, I just want to thank you for being a partner in your child’s education. We appreciate your support and encourage you to go to our website to find district and site-specific information throughout the year. Additionally, families are encouraged to sign up for the weekly bulletin to receive communication from school. Please feel free to contact the school if you have questions that you can’t answer through information on our site at 425- 837-5000.
Yours in learning,
Tia Kleinkopf, Principal