National Principals Month: Thank You, Principal Kleinkopf
We love hearing about how our administrators were inspired by their teachers when they were students themselves. Read on to find out who was a great influence in the life of Briarwood Elementary School Principal Tia Kleinkopf in our National Principals Month highlight.
Thank you for leading at Briarwood, Principal Kleinkopf!
- How many years have you spent working in education? This is my 31st year.
- How long have you been with the ISD? This is my 21st year!
- What is one of your favorite memories from when you were in school as a student, and why? Writing class in 5th grade – my teacher, Mrs. Landes, really inspired me.
- If you could live in any fantasy world, what would it be? Harry Potter.
- What is one of your hobbies or something you’re a huge fan of (and briefly explain why). I love to hike – I find it very peaceful and rejuvenating.
- What did you do for fun/to relax this summer? My husband and I went on an Alaskan Cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary.
- What’s your biggest hope for this school year? Making connections, building relationships and seeing lots of growth.
Below: A student portrait of Principal Kleinkopf.